I got a call from my doctor on Tuesday and everything was normal with the glucose test, shot, blood work, etc. So that is great news!
However, I took Caroline in to the doctor this morning. She has been congested for a week or so (which I totally expect with the teething and this crazy weather) and just this week has started getting little red bumps. I was immediately afraid of the chicken pox, again. Our doctor explained that since she had them so young (7 months, Valentine's Day last year), it is usually a milder case than the full blown thing kids/adults get. Trust me, she had them all over her body, but he said it was still possible. So, after one popped up Monday and then several more between now and then, and a huge one right between her eyes, I took her in today. Thankfully, no chicken pox. But she does has a skin infection that started with her sinus/nose infection. Go figure...so she is on antibiotics and a cream three times a day and we are under quarantine for a few days, as it is apparently very contagious. And the only thing worse than having a sick baby is having a sick baby while you, yourself are sick (and pregnant). My head is so stuffed up right now, I seriously can barely hear myself talk and I sound very different!
No comments:
Post a Comment