Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nursery Stuff Finally Ordered




Whew...I am so glad to have that done. I have literally lost sleep (what little I get) over this. Sad, I know. I went in today to finalize everything that RJ and I had picked out the other weekend, and oops...I changed almost everything :) Not that I didn't like what we had, because I really did. However, long story...my mom and I had looked at this pink, chocolate and ivory toile fabric when we were looking at bedding for Caroline. We decided to go with a more "preppy" look, hence the pink/green combo with stripes and polka dots. Well, the store had some custom bedding done in the toile fabric and I just had to look at it! It is really beautiful. So, after we had gone over everything, I totally changed my mind. Luckily we still have the same chandelier, just different shades, and the same rug will work great as well. I am so excited!!! I also picked up a few little things while I was there -- a picture frame, one of those big lounge pillows in light pink, and a little teddy bear. Oh, and a lamp. I love the lamp -- it is from the same line as the chandelier with the same color shade (ivory with taupe sash), but a white lamp base (the chandelier is chocolate). The bed skirt is mainly a stripe with the trim as the toile fabric, and the curtains are going to be made from the toile. I think it will look really nice! I also ordered some art online today -- it is a set of ballerinas on canvas. I think the different shades of pinks/browns will look nice, but if not, I can return them. Anyways, so a busy and exciting day!

Unfortunately Caroline is getting a cold :( I think it is from all of the changes in the weather. And this is the time of year for RSV, so I will be watching her like a hawk to make sure she doesn't get congested in her chest.

No comments: