Caroline at 6 weeks at Horseshoe BayLilly Catherine is now 6 weeks old! I didn't realize that I haven't updated in over a week. I had to drop off some allergy forms for Caroline today at the doctor's office and had them weigh Lilly while we were there. She is 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 21.5 inches. So that is good progress! She has gained almost 2 pounds and 2.5 inches since her birthday. The forms for Caroline are for Mom's Day Out, which we are planning on starting Tuesday (assuming I don't back out because I am afraid to leave my baby). I have very mixed emotions about this. I think it will be really good for her: she needs to socialize and be around other kids her age, get out of the house, play, etc. She did such a great job in the nursery during MOPS, but I fear we have regressed. Not that I can blame her. She has been with me pretty much 24/7 for the last 6 weeks! I believe she has developed some attachment issues. She cries if I leave the house in the evenings to run some errands :( But, I also think this will be good for me and Lilly. I want to have that one-on-one time with her as well. After seeing how quickly Caroline is growing, I realize I won't have a little baby for long. This greatly saddens me. I think RJ is afraid that I will get baby fever again... :)
On a slightly different note, I cannot believe how much Caroline's vocabulary is growing DAILY! It is crazy. She says something new everyday. Also, have I mentioned what a "healthy" child she is?!? We were at the playground today (we go pretty much everyday now that the weather is nice out here) and Caroline was following this little girl around. I thought,
"oh, they are probably close in age, although Caroline is bigger." Nope, this little girl was going on 3! And Caroline was taller and had a healthy few pounds on her too! I was looking up the growth chart for girls birth-36 months and Caroline is in the 90% for weight. WHAT?!? She has never been that high. She has always lingered around 50%, maybe once a little higher. It is just interesting to look at her compared to other kids and see such a difference. The other mom was like, "she's not even 2 yet?" Nope, lady, she's not. You should see my husband and the rest of our families. And then there is our dainty little peanut, Lilly Cate. I think she is going to be a model :) She has such long, skinny arms and legs. I know, I know, she is only 6 weeks old ;)
"oh, they are probably close in age, although Caroline is bigger." Nope, this little girl was going on 3! And Caroline was taller and had a healthy few pounds on her too! I was looking up the growth chart for girls birth-36 months and Caroline is in the 90% for weight. WHAT?!? She has never been that high. She has always lingered around 50%, maybe once a little higher. It is just interesting to look at her compared to other kids and see such a difference. The other mom was like, "she's not even 2 yet?" Nope, lady, she's not. You should see my husband and the rest of our families. And then there is our dainty little peanut, Lilly Cate. I think she is going to be a model :) She has such long, skinny arms and legs. I know, I know, she is only 6 weeks old ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment