Today is our 4 year wedding anniversary :) What a wonderful day that was! We had a great wedding (I absolutely LOVED my dress) and an even better honeymoon ;) Ahhh...I would love to spend 10 days at Cap Juluca right now. Maybe next year. We said during our honeymoon that we would go back for our 5 year. We'll see if that actually happens!
It is hard to believe how much our lives have changed in the last 4 years. I moved from Raleigh to Greensboro, had reconstructive ankle surgery and basically moved back to Asheville for 3 months, moved to Atlanta, got pregnant, moved to Dallas/Ft. Worth, had Caroline, moved to Denver, got pregnant, had Lilly Catherine. Whew...I think that is enough for 4 years! And to think this all began with our wonderful mothers, drinking a glass of wine in Atlanta and setting their kids up on a blind date. HA! Seriously, I think we have the best story EVER!!! I remember it like yesterday, my mom calling me and saying she met a very nice woman at Houston's in Atlanta and she gave her my information to pass along to her son. YIKES! I mean, seriously, who does that?!? Apparently our moms :) We met for dinner in Greensboro the day I finished classes at UNC, when I was on my way to Asheville. We ended up talking for 4 hours hours that night. We have talked everyday since and haven't looked back. It is hard to imagine my life before him. I am such a lucky woman and thank God that he brought RJ into my life everyday. He is my world. And today I have to think about our engagement as well. It was at the Biltmore Estate right before the summer Beach Music Festival (I love beach music...one of the MANY things I miss terribly about the south). I finally got my ring, which I had already seen and was secretly wearing on the weekends :) So today I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside, with all of the memories of our relationship thus far. And very excited about our future. Raising our children, growing blissfully old and even happier together.
No comments:
Post a Comment