Monday, May 18, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot

It was 90 today!!! We went to the park this morning around 10:30 and poor Caroline still turned beet red. She had on plenty of sunscreen, but she just gets so HOT and turns red/pink. RJ does the same thing. We were out there for about an hour with the twins across the street that are the same age as Caroline. I think we are planning on meeting them there tomorrow as well! It really helps the day to get Caroline out and run off some energy!

I can't believe how much Caroline is growing and developing right now. She is a real-life mini-me; she repeats pretty much everything we say and does everything we do. Sometimes it is adorable and sometimes it scares the crap out of me! I have been meaning to write about some of the super cute stuff she is doing, but my mind tends to stop working by the time I actually sit down and have time to write in the evenings. She is very in to pockets right now. She walks around with her hands in her pockets and is constantly stashing things in them. And when she doesn't have a pocket - like her footed jammies - she simply drops things down the front of her clothes. SO FUNNY :) The other day I noticed a big lump near her ankle in her jammies and it was my cell phone that she had dropped down inside. And there are all sorts of things I have found in the bottom of jammies - crackers, toys, you get the idea. She is also saying "Go, mommy" when she wants me to move and will at times come grab me by the pant leg or hand and pull me where she wants me. I know this comes from me dragging her up the stairs while carrying Lilly and saying "go!" She also says "yep" and "nope," just like me, so I need to work on that one. Physically, I swear she can do about anything she wants to. She is all over the playground, loves the slides (of course, she doesn't need my help and acts offended when I offer!), can reach EVERYTHING on the counters (this drives me nuts) and runs and jumps all over everything and everyone in our house. Maybe she just seems like such a big girl now that Lilly is here. And she knows I cannot give her constant attention, so she does everything herself :)

Other than that, not much is going on here. RJ let me sleep in both Saturday and Sunday and I could not be more thankful. He is the most wonderful man and I could not ask for a better husband or father for my babies! And Caroline absolutely adores him and completely ignores me when he gets home :)

Lilly Catherine is 5 weeks tomorrow! Yay! I think she is going through a bit of a growth spurt right now - I have nursed her about every 1 1/2 hours today since 3:00. It gets kind of tiring cluster feeding like that. But that's ok, we will get through it. We are anxiously awaiting her sleeping through the night, but I think it is going to be a little while longer. I have heard that starting around 9-10 pounds they are able to go longer stretches at night (Caroline was right around 9 pounds when she started sleeping through the night, at 5 weeks); if that is the case we will have to wait a little longer for our petite Lilly.

No comments: