Saturday, July 18, 2009

Poor Caroline...

has a bad cold :( I have no idea where she got it (MDO, Gymboree, playgroup, park, take your pick), but she is miserable. I feel so badly for her. The night before last I was up with her until 2:20 am and we were up again at 6. Not so good. When she doesn't sleep, you know something is wrong. The child has been sleeping 12 hours a night on her own since 5 weeks. I finally went in and rocked her in Lilly's room around 1 am, after getting up about every 20-30 minutes with her for the previous 3 hours. She NEVER likes to be rocked. She can't sit still long enough or relax. As soon as I was holding her she went to sleep. It was so sweet. And while I hate that she is sick (and that I was up all night), in some ways it was so nice to just sit there and rock my baby. I realized that I haven't rocked her at all in over a year and just tried to enjoy being in the moment with her. She was so sweet...she woke up every 20 minutes or so, touching my face, saying "hi, mommy." I guess just checking that I was still there. I told her it was ok, go back to sleep and she would close her eyes and go right back to sleep. Of course all day Friday was brutal...she is just not a happy little girl, but who could blame her?!?

Lilly Catherine is still doing great on her sleeping. For the last 3 weeks she has been sleeping about 10 hours a night. YEAH!!! She started sleeping from about 10-5 when she was about 7 or 8 weeks old, and started going from about 10-8 a few weeks ago. Actually, there are several mornings when I have to wake her up at 8 to nurse because we have to get somewhere.

No comments: