Thursday, September 17, 2009

5 Months




Lilly Catherine is now 5 months old! We tried to introduce some rice cereal, but she literally won't even try to eat it. She just pushes her tongue out. Not that I can blame her...that stuff looks pretty nasty. So, we will keep trying and probably switch to oatmeal in the next couple of weeks. I am really in no hurry to push this on her. She is a very happy baby, sleeps great and is healthy, so I'm not worried about it. I don't know why people are always so anxious to start cereal/solids. If they aren't ready, they aren't ready. And Lilly is not ready. However, she did start to sit up on her own some on Tuesday! That was very exciting :) So one day after she turned 5 months, she sat up on her own. She lasted about a minute (which I thought was a long time!), but then started to topple. She has had a couple more stretches of sitting up since then, so we are working on it. I think she just likes to be able to sit up and see crazy Caroline running around ;)

No comments: