Saturday, October 3, 2009

It has been a while...







The last couple of weeks have been crazy! This past week RJ interviewed for a promotion with Merrill Lynch in Seattle. Wednesday night he had a dinner and Thursday he took the first flight out to Seattle and the last flight back for his interview. It was a long couple of days! We will hopefully know for sure if he got the job on Monday, but have heard that he got, just no "formal" offer yet. I am so proud of him! He is the youngest person to ever have this job and it really is a big deal for his career. Now, about moving, again...this will be the 4th move in 4 years. In 2005 we were in NC, 2006 Atlanta, 2007 Dallas/Ft. Worth, 2008 Denver, 2009 Seattle??? Technically his office would be in Tacoma, I guess I should clarify. If we find out Monday we will probably go house hunting next weekend -- they want him to start Oct. 26! And since we are going back to NC Oct. 14-21 for my 10 (!) year high school reunion, that gives us even less time. Not that we will be able to close on a house by the 26th, but it would be nice to at least find some options rather quickly and get things moving. I would prefer to not be without my husband for a month and I do not want to live in a hotel for a month with 2 babies...yikes! It was hard enough with just Caroline when we moved here. So...we will see. We are anxiously awaiting Monday and some good news.

On the baby front, Caroline and Lilly Catherine are both doing well. We have been dealing with chronic runny noses, but that seems to be par for this time of year. Lilly is now a little over 13 pounds -- still long and skinny :) She is much more active now, and is constantly grabbing at whatever is within her reach. Usually my hair! She loves to touch my face and it is so sweet :) She can push her arms completely up while on her tummy now, so more like a full push-up than a mini push-up, and is doing a good job on learning to sit up. We have been working on the cereal more this week and she just wasn't getting it. However, she is starting to drink an obscene amount of formula (she decided to quit nursing about a week ago), so I added a little bit of applesauce into her oatmeal cereal the other day and she loved it! So I think the issue is more of a taste preference than mechanics. So we may start to introduce some solids over the next few weeks.

Miss Caroline is a riot! And bossy...but it is so funny :) She gets so serious sometimes, it just cracks me up. When I press on the gas while driving, she yells, "mommy, slow down!" "Mommy, be careful!" I guess because she hears me yell this to RJ ;) She is such a joy and I feel like I have another little person around now, not just a baby. She loves to paint, color, play with stickers, sing and dance, and just talks non-stop!

No comments: