Friday, October 23, 2009

Big Update

sweet caroline :)

lilly catherine, starving

wearing a camo hat...

swinging at op taylor's

hanging out

holding hands at the biltmore estate

a pensive caroline

doing splits on the gravel

mommy and lilly catherine

dancing at the fiddlin' pig...she loves this place!

putting out nana's flowers

lemon face

my beautiful baby pumpkin ;)

A lot has been going on the last few weeks. Some things are wonderful, some I'm not so crazy about. We went to NC last week to visit with family and go to my 10 year high school reunion. We had a great time and got to do a lot of fun "Asheville" things that we haven't done in a while: we walked around Biltmore Village, saw the new Grand Bohemian Hotel, shopped; my mom and I went and got manicures and pedicures, and walked around downtown; RJ and I took the girls to the Biltmore Estate (Caroline was more interested in riding the shuttle bus and running on the handicap ramp than anything Biltmore related!); we went to OP Taylor's toy store in Brevard and had lunch and walked around; and of course went to the reunion activities. It was really nice to see everyone, although a little weird. I guess just because I haven't been in touch with a lot of people (with the exception of Facebook for the last year) and everyone is at different stages in life. But we really enjoyed it!

We are still waiting to hear about Seattle...ugh. This. is. driving. me. crazy. RJ had a conference call today and with the reorganization with BOA they are now saying that things may not be final until Dec. 31. So, I have decided to quit waiting, putting our lives pretty much on hold, and just go ahead with the holidays as planned. This is my absolute favorite time of year and I just refuse to let this ruin it! And Caroline is really getting into the spirit of things this year, like her Halloween costume and getting ready for Christmas and stuff. I don't want to spoil it for her or not ham it up just because we may be moving soon.

Also, Lilly Catherine turned 6 months last week!!! I can't believe it! Her appointment is Monday, but I think she is around 14 pounds. She is doing wonderfully, sitting up on her own, playing with toys, squealing at everything, grunting and growling, and I swear she is trying to wave. I also think she is recognizing her name now, probably because someone is calling her all the time! Mainly Caroline, who calls her Lilly Pie ;)

I have pretty much finished the Halloween costumes. I cannot believe I made them myself this year! Caroline has had so much fun helping me with them and I can't wait to see them all dressed up next week. RJ has a Halloween party at his office next Friday, so that will be our dress rehearsal!

It has been very hard getting back into a rountine the last 2 days. It is always hard coming back home after a fun trip to see Nana and Papa! Poor Caroline is exhausted and bored out of her mind :)

No comments: