Lilly Catherine had her 6 month appointment today:
* 26.5 inches (75%)
* 14 pounds, 13 ounces (25%)
She was so cute during her appointment! She loved the paper on the table and was wrapping herself up in it while the doctor was trying to examine her. And while she was sitting up she kept grabbing at all of the doctor's stuff and grunting. This is such a fun age!
We went ahead and got her the first dose of the regular flu shot today. I was really on the fence about it, but decided to go ahead and get it. Our doctor's office only offers preservative-free vaccines and they had the flu shot in a single dose vial, which I am more comfortable with. I am not getting the H1N1 for anyone in our family. RJ and I will get the regular flu shot and we will probably go ahead and get the regular flu shot for Caroline as well. With her being in MDO and other playgroups this year, I feel she is more exposed than last year (we did not get the flu shot last year), and it would be beneficial. Caroline's has to be administered by her allergist because of her egg allergy, so that will be a long appointment! They first skin test her with a sample of the vaccine, wait 30 minutes for a reaction, then give her the rest and wait for another 30 minutes. Maybe RJ can take her and I will stay home with Lilly Cate :)
Other than that, the appointment went well and she is doing great developmentally. We are still working on introducing cereal and fruits/veggies, but it is going slowly. Some days she is ok, others (like today), she is absolutely not interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment