Friday, June 11, 2010

I just about killed our blog...

For all two of you that read our blog, tonight I got in a little over my head.  I was logging on to publish a new post and this message popped up...something like "hey, try some new templates and fun, you-are-so-not-technologically-advanced-enough-to-ever-figure-this-out design stuff."  Of course I clicked on it immediately.  About five minutes later I was begging for my husband's help.  All it took was five little minutes to get my poor little blog so messed up the screen had 3 different templates and half was in another language.  Ok, it wasn't in a different language, but links were on top of the text, links were in the middle of a paragraph, text was all over the page, pictures were scattered all around -- you get the idea.  There was a template with green damask, blue rhinestones (what?!?), and then this modern-edgy purple box.  Oh, Lord.  So my husband, bless his heart, took it as a personal challenge to fix what I had almost permanently destroyed.  So it is now 11pm and I finally have the cute little blocks on my page and new colors.  The one thing we can't figure out is how to move around the title "The Krier Family" within the little box with our picture.  For all of you way-more-technologically-advanced-than-I'll-ever-be-bloggers out there, how do I change this?  It is somewhat easy?  If not, then I don't mind our title taking up half of RJ's head.  Man, I'm tired.

3 comments:

tiffabbey said...

I loved the layout you had before, it looked great. I don't know if there is an option to fix the title, I'm staying far away from blogger's suggestions, but I did get that little message too, luckily I just clicked the X to close the box and kept my old stuff. If you want your old stuff back, you just have to go back into the customize and change it back.
Hope this helps somewhat! Regardless of how it looks, I love reading your blog and seeing your precious girls!

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

You crack me up with your "both readers" cause I know you have more than that :) I don't change mine often (because I don't do as much blogging as I should) but your's is very cute! And I'm glad you blog...it's good to read what's going on with folks!

Shea and Jacob said...

There is a way to move your title around in your heading and I have done it before but it wasn't all that easy and now I can't even remember how I did it. What I've done recently that's much easier is use Picasa for my pictures and in that program you can add text to your pictures. So I add The Mullis Family to the picture, savec it, and then when I upload that picture into my header, the title of our blog is already on it. Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I can try to explain better!