Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby On The Way

Well...as I posted on Facebook, Baby #3 is on the way!  He/She will be here in late February.  As I posted on here before, we decided a while ago that we wanted another baby.  Our girls are 21 months apart, and  considering this will probably be our last, we wanted this baby to right there in the mix!  So this baby and Lilly Catherine will be 22 months apart.  That seems to work out well :)

I have been feeling ok this pregnancy, but not as well as I did with the girls.  I really had no morning sickness with the girls, and I don't have any with this pregnancy either, but I have the most severe headaches I can imagine.  Some days they are literally debilitating.  I have had to call RJ several afternoons to try and come home early because I just cannot move or get out of bed.  Since there is not a lot of medicine I can have during pregnancy, I am trying some things that are definitely safe to see if they work just to ease the pain, and my OB referred me to a neurologist just to have everything checked out.  While headaches are normal in pregnancy due to hormonal changes, the doctor said it is not normal to have them to this degree almost daily.  (I do not have one right now, which is why I am blogging for the first time in weeks!)

So on to the good stuff...Yesterday I had my 12 week appointment with ultrasound.  By my due date I was 12w1d, but by measurement I am 12w6d.  I'm not sure if my due date will change, we'll just have to see how things look at the 20 week appointment.  I was very stressed about the appointment yesterday.  RJ and I feel so incredibly blessed that we have two healthy children, that we almost felt like we were taking a gamble having a third.  But in our hearts we knew that we really wanted another baby in our family and knew that God would bless us regardless.  I am so happy and relieved that everything looked great on the ultrasound yesterday!!!  Praise!!!  The u/s tech even said, this baby definitely has a nasal bone...there's no missing it!  RJ said he is thrilled that this baby will have his nose :)  Everything else checked out great as well, the heartbeat was strong at 171.  Baby was a little uncooperative at being in the right spot for measurements so it lasted about an hour, but that's fine with me...I just got to look at my precious little baby that much longer!  It just absolutely amazes me everytime I have an u/s (probably more now that with Caroline) that there is a little person growing and living inside of me.  I mean, what an amazing miracle and gift from God!!!  There really is no other feeling like being pregnant.  All of the good and bad parts of it!

Anyways...that is our big news!!!  And yes, we will find out the gender beforehand.  We will know October 11th.  :)

Thank you to everyone that has sent encouraging and supportive words over the last few months, knowing that we have been trying for another baby.  We appreciate it!!!

4 comments:

tiffabbey said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats! Looking forward to following your progress.

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

I am so excited for y'all and will be praying for your headaches to cease. I hope your pregnancy continues to go smoothly and will look forward to October 11th :)

Come and Go With Us said...

So happy for you girl!! Definitely keeping you and the baby in my prayers!

Mama Goose said...

I am so excited for you. And I honor you. The past few months have taught me I would like a little longer break in between, *IF* we do this again!

So looking forward to following your progress.