Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stuff

There has been lots of stuff going on around here lately...

Caroline officially started preschool.  She has been going to church for MDO for about a year, but started big girl preschool last Tuesday.  I didn't feel at all emotional about it...honestly, I was looking forward to it.  She had a two week break between summer MDO and preschool, and those two weeks were long.  I think she was getting bored and desperately needed some interaction with other kiddos.  I also realized how much I rely on structure and routine.  Not like drill sergeant, but still a nice routine.  However, when we walked into school, it was literally overflowing with kids going to "back to school."  Summer had been so quiet there; usually only 2 small classes a day.  But oh my goodness!!!  And Caroline's class is all the way in the back of the church, so you walk by all of the other classrooms on the way and see just how many kids are there.  Mind you, this is a relatively small church, but still!  I just couldn't get over all of the little kids there with their backpacks and lunch bags, all dressed up for the first day.  All of a sudden, it really hit me that Caroline is one of those kids.  And she is not a baby anymore.  And I just got these huge alligator tears in my eyes and thought I was going to lose it right there in the hallway.  I was just praying that she wouldn't notice and I would be able to get her into her classroom, get all of her stuff put away, and make it to the bathroom before I just cried my eyes out.  Luckily, I made it.  I went into the last stall with Lilly Catherine in the stroller, and just stood there and cried.  How is she already 3?  How has my little, precious baby that was so small transformed into such a beautiful, smart, funny little girl?  What has been going on the last 3 years?  Did we just skip the two years after she turned 1?  But I have to say, that I could not be more proud of her.  She is so outgoing, talkative and independent, and just takes it all in.  I know this will be a big year for her -- learning new things, being in more of a "classroom" setting, socializing with peers, listening to other adults.  It will be great for her!  For both of us.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Also, Miss Lilly Catherine is walking all over the place!!!  She took her first steps two weeks ago yesterday and has been improving and getting stronger daily.  Just the last few days she has really started walking most of the time, unless she is really tired or wants to get somewhere fast :)  Then she resorts to the scoot.  She had a PT session today, and the therapist is very pleased with her continued progress.  She said that she is really surprised at how quickly she began taking her first steps and how much she is advancing each week.  Apparently most "scooters" have a really difficult time transitioning to walking because one side of their body is much stronger, their hips are weak, and their balance is off.  Initially she thought she would be where she is now sometime between Halloween and Christmas.  Go Lilly Cate!!!  Everyone told me I would dread it when Caroline would finally start walking (she was 14 months), and everyone has said the same thing with Lilly Cate.  But I love it!!!  I just think they are so stinkin' cute when they start walking!  I am so proud and she is so proud, and she is less frustrated now.  And she is not into anymore stuff now than before. 

Also, I hit the 13 week mark this last Sunday, so I am closing in on the second trimester!  YAY!  Hopefully there will be more consistent relief with the headaches.  The past two days have just been wonderful!!!  No headaches and more energy.  I feel like I've been a better mom the last two days than I have been for the previous 10 or so weeks!  I will be taking pregnancy pictures starting this weekend, at 14 weeks.  I have already had random people ask me when I'm due, if that any indication as to what I already look like.  I guess that's what happens when you have all your kids less than two years apart.

Also, my mom is coming into town Friday.  WooHoo!!!  We are so excited to see her and spend some time together.  And RJ and I are going to dinner and a concert next Wednesday night -- John Mayer at Red Rocks.  If you have never been to Red Rocks, it is the best music venue you can imagine!!!  This will be our first (much needed!) datenight in almost a year...

Anyways...that is what we have been up to lately. 

lounging...
ready for school!
she drew her first house!  with grass, a tree and a purple crown at the bottom of the tree.  'cause every tree needs a purple crown, I guess...
walking, sticky mess
cheese :)
trying out the little gym.  she did this all by herself and i about had a heart attack.
bathing beauty
just cute!

2 comments:

tiffabbey said...

What a precious outfit!

Mama Goose said...

Your girls are sooo cute! I am glad you are starting to feel better.