I am now 15 weeks pregnant with Baby #3! YAY :) Overall things are still going really well. I saw the neurologist last week for the headaches/migraines and am hoping that they continue to get better. She recommended 600mg of magnesium a day to help prevent them and so far it seems to be helping. She also wrote a Rx for PT, but I haven't had a chance to call and get that set up.
I definitely look pregnant. I have gained about 4 pounds so far. I am not really craving anything in particular right now, but I am definitely leaning towards "comfort" foods and salty things. I don't think I've ever been less interested in sweets in my life. I guess that is a good thing! With the girls I always wanted ice cream, brownies, gooey dessert things. Not so much this time around. (Although I also craved chips and queso with Lilly Catherine.) Oh, one thing I do want: almonds and honey roasted sunflower seeds. And Pepsi. No Coke. I have completely given up Diet Coke...yay me! But I really want some Pepsi. So of course while my mom was out here I indulged a little :)
Other things of interest this pregnancy: I am considering trying for a VBA2C this pregnancy. I don't even know if my current OB (which I love!) would go for it, but I am researching it and talking with a doula about it. This all started week before last at MOPS when another mom at our table overheard me talking about my prior birth experiences, my disappointment and c-sections. She told me about her doula, who works with VBACs and planned c-sections, so I thought I would at least give her a call. She was super nice over the phone, not pushy about anything and seems very open-minded. When she planted the seed that it is possible to have a VBAC this time, I got a little excited inside. I really wish I had tried with Lilly. There were lots of factors that went into our decision about a repeat c-section: lack of support system here at the time, scared of failure, who will take care of Caroline, having a repeat experience of Caroline's birth only to end up with a c-section. Maybe it is the fact that this is probably our last baby, but I have felt ever since Caroline was born that I have missed out on a "real" birthing experience. I know the ultimate goal is healthy baby and mommy, but I can't help but feel like I've missed out on something. So...I called the nurse this morning at our OB's office and want to talk to her about the possibility of a VBAC and her thoughts on whether or not our doctor would be persuaded. Regardless, RJ and I are going to meet with the doula and talk things over, and will probably use her even if we do have another planned c-section.
2 comments:
I hate that you feel that way, but I love that you are persuing what you want. Go for it! Also if the magnesium doesn't continue to help you can ask your doctor about topical compounded pain medications...if they are at all holistic they may consider them...just a thought.
I hope you are able to come to peace with whatever you decide. I for one have had both a vaginal birth and a section, and in the end I didn't feel any more powerful about one way or the other. Of course I had my vaginal first, so that may be the reason I feel that way. Keep us updated!
Post a Comment